Featured Post

The Beat Goes (Back) On!

We are very pleased and proud to announce a new feature at Afropop.org : reprints of selected articles from the late, lamented ma...

December 21, 2009

From Carol Haile Selassie, Beat advertising and circulation director and wearer of many hats.

CC:
I give thanks for the honor and pleasure of working with you, Roger, all the contributors, subscribers and advertisers along the way. The Beat has opened my heart and mind to the power of the music we cover--the passion, consciousness and positive spirit will stay with me for a lifetime. I will miss every moment, all the worldwide friends I've made through the years, our occasional differences and all the laughter we've shared. Keeping the magazine going for 28 years plus keeping what's left of your sanity is a major feat. If I wore a hat, I'd take it off to you!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Carol,
    Thank YOU for helping to bring The Beat to the world for so many worlds...it will be missed but all the work that you and other members of The Beat family did will live on for-iver. Best of luck with everything!
    Best regards,
    Randall Grass
    Shanachie Records

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol I give thanks for your kindness and compassion that I will always draw inspiration from. You and Isaac have left a wealth of encouragement in my heart that flows like the Nile. I mean this from the bottom of my heart. God bless you and Isaac

    ReplyDelete