Featured Post

The Beat Goes (Back) On!

We are very pleased and proud to announce a new feature at Afropop.org : reprints of selected articles from the late, lamented ma...

December 20, 2009

From Diane "Livonn" Adam, concert photojournalist

Greetings CC,

Such Sad News :-(  Unfortunately, I felt it coming awhile back.  Though I am not that surprised, especially in light of these difficult economic times, I am still greatly saddened by the announcement as The Beat has been so instrumental in my initiation into Jamaican culture and specifically my similar love and respect for Reggae Music.

You could not have expressed yourself any better as many of your words have echoed in my heart too, especially your statement that:  "The music, reggae in particular, has changed so much since the early days when it was new, fun, inspiring and creative, and there is so much less to say about it now."  How true!!!  Though I can always hope that the future of reggae will offer something closer to the roots of its past.

I feel blessed to have been a part of The Beat family and will miss you CC and also Carol for all the dedication, hard work, support and love you have instilled into the magazine.  I wish you only the best in all your future endeavors and always know that if you need me, I am only a phone call or email away.

Jah guide and protect you always.

One Love,

Diane "Livonn" Adam
Photojournalist
Adam Photography & Media Relations

No comments:

Post a Comment